Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fwd: RE: Questions About Investigations

-----Original Message-----
From: yinsay@aol.com
To: jmizuo@honolulu.gov
Sent: Mon, Sep 14, 2009 1:01 pm
Subject: RE: Questions About Investigations

I have heard nothing since I informed you of the case in question. Here
is the report number if you need it. 08-238448


Vernon Balmer Jr.


-----Original Message-----
From: Mizuo, Janna L. <jmizuo@honolulu.gov>
To: yinsay@aol.com
Sent: Fri, Aug 28, 2009 4:31 pm
Subject: RE: Questions About Investigations

Sir, the information given by Det. Lau is correct.  Please be specific
about the case you are referring?  Thank you. 
 
Janna Mizuo, Major
Internal Affairs
Honolulu Police Department
801 S. Beretania Street
Honolulu, HI  96813
(808)529-3286
jmizuo@honolulu.gov


From: yinsay@aol.com [mailto:yinsay@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 3:20 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients
Subject: Questions About Investigations

 
Hello, I would like to make an appointment to speak with someone about
the previous

complaints I have made. I was told by Ms. Lau, whom I met at the
receiving station

when I was there last, that I would have to speak to the investigating
officer.

 

She told me some disturbing things, such as, the investigating officer
wouldn't necess -

sarily interview the officer in question , or review the camera tapes.

 

I found this surprising because I made a complaint about my statements
not being included

with the reports I made at the receiving station.

 

I also thought it ill-advised to question me about the complaint within
earshot of the other

officers at the receiving station, that were not Internal
Affiars officers.

 

I would also like to know what is meant by the wording on the
disposition letter.

I paraphrase: allegations could not be substantiated".

 

 

Vernon Balmer Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment